Monday, March 11, 2013

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

I have only tried oatmeal cookies for the first time recently and boy am I glad I did! These cookies spruce up an all american classic. They are so chewy and light. Since they have oatmeal in their name does that mean they are a suitable breakfast food?... I think so. Enjoy!


Ingredients 
1 egg
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups quick oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350ยบ F. Cream together egg, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl. Once combined add in the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, sugar, and oats. Mix until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until light brown. Cool on a cooling rack and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. 1/2 butter - Is that 1/2 a stick or 1/2 a cup?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops! I apologize that is supposed to say 1/2 cup butter.
      thank you for pointing that out!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!
- Karissa K.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...